Speakers: Elizabeth Sheehan, Independent Marketing & Sustainability
Specialist and Abi Moran, Folk Wunderman Thompson
Suitable For: Any International Advertising professional
Ireland was the first territory to set up Ad Net Zero outside of the UK. This session shares how they did it and advice to others looking to fast-track a more sustainable approach to advertising operations and practices in their industry.
1. As an established and credible platform, it is easier to use the Ad Net Zero
framework and adapt it to your own country rather than building something from scratch.
2. Study the Ad Net Zero Action Plan and explore the different measurement tools that exist for each action.
3. Work together in the pre-competitive space. To that end, consider creating a council – Ad Net Zero in Ireland’s trade bodies have come together to gather knowledge and create a one-team approach to drive forward the initiative.
4. There are challenges – but joining the UK working groups help you work through challenges together.
5. Sustainability should be everyone’s remit – encourage everyone to take the Ad Net Zero training. You don’t have to be an Ad Net Zero supporter to do this, but it is discounted.
Session Length: 25 minutes